Monday, October 13, 2014

General Conference

Someone at church today asked me "What's new?"

And I kinda froze... Umm. It's the same. School. Work. Play??

So then he asked "Well what's old?"

So here's something that's old. But I guess you can consider it new news...

Last weekend was GENERAL CONFERENCE 

It happens twice a year. And it's basically like the superbowl for mormons. All of the leaders of our church speak to us. You can go get tickets and watch it personally on temple square, or listen to it on the radio, stream it on your phone, laptop, and watch it on your average cable TV. People come in from all over the world to attend. Thousands of mormons flock downtown SLC. It's like a sea of white shirts and ties. I love it. Even those who don't attend seem to have their own "traditions and celebrations". Like having conference morning breakfast! Cinnamon Rolls, Waffles, Egg Casserole, etc.

It's pretty great. I always feel uplifted after watching conference. You always come away wanting to be a better person. To try a little harder. To help more people out. And to focus more on the Savior.

This October session, my family made the trip down to UT. We only have 3 tickets for the 7 of us... 
But we made it work out. It was so great to see my family again, all united. Everyone back from their missions. We had a nice weekend of running around town and visiting family members. Shopping at H&M and just being together. 

My brothers had a goal of getting our picture taken by the ENSIGN photographers. So they all dressed up super nice and pretended to laugh at everything I said. But it worked! Lol. They took some pictures of us. So keep your eyes peeled in next months issue! haha. Chances are slim. But I'm not gonna lie. We're a pretty good looking family.



I'm so grateful for my family. And the knowledge that we are sealed together forever. I'm grateful for the gospel and for being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that "Happiness in family life is most likely achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work and wholesome recreational activities" (The Family: A Proclamation to the World)

I encourage you all to watch/rewatch/read the talks given in this last general conference. I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today, Thomas S. Monson, and that he knows exactly what we need to hear right now. He is God's mouth piece on the earth today and if we will heed his counsel and teachings we will be blessed beyond anything we can imagine!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep. BEEP

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com