Friday, March 7, 2014

Beautiful Day for Banana Cake

Well. I'm back. Back in MT that is. I had a lovely time in UT this past week to celebrate a wedding and reunite with all my pals from school! (to be documented on the blog soon) But now I'm back. On the job hunt again! (the crepe place was just seasonal...) And since it's a beautiful day. And I have lots of time. I thought I'd make banana cake!

This is one of my favorite things to make ever. Back in the Chatsworth days at BYU, boys would literally bring me their brown bananas in hopes I would make this for them! haha. But it's also my favorite because I'm a sucker for Bundt cakes. Especially after watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding. "booondt cake" anyone?


BANANA CAKE
  • 2 C. Sugar
  • 3 Bananas Mashed
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 C. melted butter or margarine
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1 C. Buttermilk
  • 2.5 C. Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp. Salt
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. On a plate or in a separate bowl. Mash bananas. Add 1 C. sugar to them and let sit. (it makes them super mushy and yummy for smooth banana cake. Also if your bananas are not quite brown enough-this helps!)
3. Mix eggs, 1 C. Sugar and the melted butter. 1-2 min.
4. Add the 1 tsp. baking soda to the buttermilk. Let sit for a minute. It should expand a little bit.
5. Add banana mixture to the sugar and butter.
6.  Then add flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Mix 1-2 min. 
7. Slowly mix in buttermilk until everything is incorporated.
8. Pour into a well greased bundt pan.
9. Bake 30-45 min. at 350 degrees F.
10. Let cool 10 min
11. Remove cake from pan by flipping it over onto a plate. Be careful! This is the trickiest part!
12. Enjoy!




I'm obsessed with this new plate I got at IKEA!



Also. Here's proof of what happens when you don't grease your pan very well. Like I did. : )

However. It still tasted delicious.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep. BEEP

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com