Sunday, June 3, 2012

Farewell

Four months ago I was sitting on the blue couch in North 6 chatting with Anna and Cassandra about life. About boys. About love. About school. About church. and about everything. Cassandra was curled up on the love sac drifting off to sleep. Anna was busy away on her laptop editing photos.

And then I said it.

"Guys. I think I want to go on a mission...."
And then proceeded to list all of the reasons why I shouldn't go.

But then they both proceeded to list reasons why I should go. Or things to make my excuses invalid.

And then I kind of realized they were right. That I would put it to the test. Get my feet a little wet and figure out if I should go. If I could go.

And here we are four months later. The night before I get set apart. Packed and (mostly) ready to go.

Headed to Novosibirsk Russia. A place I had never heard of. A place you probably haven't either.

I will be learning a whole new language. With a whole new alphabet. A whole new culture. A whole new experience.

But most importantly, a whole new life. I have a whole new life ahead of me. A new me. Sister Carling.
Not entirely different. But new.

A life dedicated to my loving Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. A life working hard and meeting new friends and new acquaintances bringing them into this glorious gospel as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I'm so grateful for these last four months. For all of the love and support I've received from friends and family. And I'm so eager to see what is in store for me in my new home in Siberia.

Stay posted friends. Many new and exciting things to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep. BEEP

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com