Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Saint Valentine

Once upon a time it was Valentine's Day. I had planned the most epic Valentines Day ever. It all seemed too good to be true. I was in MT returning from my Uncle's funeral and nice weekend with my family. The plan was to drive with my mother and brother Aaron to Rexburg to meet up with my other brother Ethan. Then he and his friends and Aaron and I would commence in the BURB (AKA our trusty old Suburban) to SLC to see this great band.



Then I would head back to Provo and resume life as a single girl at BYU.

But then things changed.

We started our adventure at 8 am. We hopped in the car and started our drive we had only driven about an hour and a half away. At first we thought it was the wind pushing against us. But then we heard that chugging noise. And then we lost speed. And then THE BURB died. And of course we don't have smart phones and we're close to an exit but not close enough to modern civilization. haha.

So we called Ethan who called a towing company and then we waited. And waited. And waited. They came from the nearest town an hour away.

Then we got to drive in the cool tow truck with Derek. The tow truck/repair man. For an hour.

He dropped us off at the Taco Time and took the car to get repaired. So we enjoyed some crisp burritos, diet coke and mexi fries. And then had more time to kill. So then we walked four blocks to the Belgrade public library and read magazines and looked through books. And waited. And waited. And waited.

By the time the car was done and we were in it. It was about 4 o clock. The concert started at 7:30 and we were 8 hours from SLC.

So do we drive me back to school? Or do we go back home? Then the thought crossed my mind. I only have class on Wednesday and Thursday. And then it's President's Day Weekend. And I have Monday off. And Monday classes on Tuesday. Which means I have no class for 4 whole days. So do I make my mom drive all the way to UT and back? Or take another week off? And figure out a better way to get home?

So here I am. In Montana.
Watching movies with my siblings and celebrating Valentines in a different way.
Complete with Valentine's Pizza.

With a whole week ahead of me to Relax. Sleep in. (Do Homework) Bake. Finish my mission papers. Be crafty. Go to the gym. And hang out with my mom. Sorry Provo for neglecting you. Sorry class for ditching out on you. But I'll be back. I'm taking my sabbatical.

1 comment:

Me said...

Mallory -
You crack me up. What on earth am I going to do without your blog posts while you are on the good ol mish?

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep. BEEP

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com