Saturday, July 9, 2011

Baking.

So at the start of the summer I baked a lot. So much so that I didn't have time to blog about it. But now as I am running through my iphoto library I'm looking at all the beautiful concoctions I haven't shared with you. Most of these can be found at miss lizzy's blog and some of them are my own found recipes. 

Bon Appetit!

 Banana Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting



 Vanilla Cupcakes with Classic Vanilla Buttercream


Chocolate Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting and crushed Butterfingers

Jr. Mint Cupcakes (probably my absolute favorite!)

 Chocolate Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache and Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting.






Now these next pictures are probably the most fun new recipe I've come across. And definitely the most addicting to eat! They are called cake bites. If you google them they are becoming a huge hit. I even saw a book at Borders about them. They have many different names cake pops, cake balls, cake bits, but I like Cake Bites. They are really a piece of cake in a bite. I decided to take on the challenge for my brother's graduation party. (I made some cupcakes too of course :) My advice is don't plan on showcasing your first batch. The more you do em they easier they become but my first couple bites looked terrible. But here is how you make em. 

1. Make a Cake. Any flavor. Boxed or homemade. Put it into square pan.


2. After it has cooled. Cut around the edges.

3. Put edgeless cake into mixing bowl. Add half a can of frosting. 
Or some of your own homemade stuff.



4. Mix cake on low till it crumbles finely.


4. Form into little balls.  Put into freezer. Freeze overnight. 


5. When ready to dip the bites, Melt Chocolate. Dark, Milk, White, whatever you want to go with your cake and dip balls into chocolate and put onto wax paper. Don't use chocolate chips. They are too thick.
 I highly recommend using chocolate bark. 
It is found in the baking aisle at the grocery store. Or CandiQuick.

These are my funfetti cake balls. Funfetti cake dipped in white chocolate and covered with sprinkles. These were the first ones I made. They look a little goopy and aren't very consistent in shape. 
Trust me they taste much better than they look.

They are soo yummy! Super rich and you want to eat a billion of them. They definitely are time consuming though. I've made them for two different parties this summer and they were a huge hit!

Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep. BEEP

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com