Tuesday, May 10, 2011

CUPCAKES!

There is so much to blog and not enough time to do it! haha. I've been baking like crazy and having fun. Still no job. Maybe someone should pay me to bake them cupcakes! lol. But in order to avoid getting fat from eating cupcakes I've been looking to my mother as an example. She's lost like 30 lbs and looks amazing. So we've been hitting the gym together and having fun. I have to brag about the fun classes we've been doing. Today we did Zumba!  It's hilarious to see all these ladies shake what their mother's have given them.
                                If you've never done Zumba here's a sneak peek
We've also been doing Cycling. Which hurts your butt. But it's intense. I've heard it burns like a million calories and is really great if you hate running but want some hardcore cardio.


Yesterday I did Les Mills Body Pump. And today I can barely move. I was surprised I could shake it at Zumba! I love this class because I always feel like a retard at the gym lifting weights. I don't know which machines to do and I get kinda ADD and want to get out ASAP. So this is great because you lift and lift and you really work every muscle group in your body!
Here's a hardcore picture. They make it look so intense! 


Anywhoo. So as to not feel incredibly guilty from baking and eating my creations that's what I've been up to.


So here is the first recipe I tried. It hails from Lizzy Early's Bible of Cupcakes and they were a hit! I freaking love nutella. Ever since I discovered it in French Class when we had crepe parties and my love doubled when I went to Vancouver and ate at The Crepe Place and had a ginormous nutella, banana, strawberry crepe! So what a great idea to put it into a cupcake! 


    
As you can tell I kinda suck at the whole piping concept. However I am getting tons better! You just have to practice! And you have to be really good at making the frosting the perfect consistency. Not too runny, not too stiff. Also make sure your butter is soft enough but don't melt it too much! Also note to the wise. They are extremely rich so make sure you pour yourself a large glass of milk to wash it down! So here's the recipe...

Ingredients:
Devil's Food Cake Mix
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream
24 teaspoons Nutella (1 per cupcake)

Nutella Buttercream:
3/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2- 2 1/2 cups powered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3-4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffin tins.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, oil, milk, water and vanilla.
3. Sift in cake miz and stir in sour cream. ( I didn't sift and they turned out fine.)
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and then place a teaspoon of Nutella on top of each one. Using a toothpick gently swirl the nutella into the batter.
5. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until the sides spring bak. (the tops will stay gooey because of the nutella.) 6. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and place directly into airtight containers to seal in moisture.
7. Buttercream: beat the nutella and butter for 5 minutes. Add vanilla, then alternate between adding powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream. Taste the buttercream until you reach your desired sweetness. You may need to refrigerate the buttercream before piping it onto cooled cupcakes.

Well there you go! They are very yummy! Have fun : )





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep. BEEP

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com